Hiking at Le Morne Brabant
Select the date you want to do the activity and send us the further details required, our team will quickly reply back with the pricing details.
Le Morne Brabant – The Morne Brabant is a mountain of the south-west of Mauritius, on the peninsula of Le Morne. Declared World Heritage by UNESCO since July 6, 2008, the site is a sanctuary for runaway slaves and is a strong cultural and patrimonial symbol for every Mauritian. Being on private land, Le Morne Brabant is one of the most preserved and wildest mountains of the island. It includes a multitude of endemic species, such as the rare Trochetia Boutonania, and its red flaming flower. This guided hike to the summit of Morne Brabant lasts between three and four hours, depending on the homogeneity of the group. Once on top, you will discover the breathtaking panoramic views on the west and south-west lagoons and part of the island.
- Difficulty- Challenging
- Duration- 3-4 hours
- Distance- 6.5 km
- Elevation Gain- 490m
The guide fees cost as follows:
- RS 1600 per person.
For more information, please go to FAQs & Reviews.
- A certified personal guide/driver to help you hike Le Morne Brabant
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel/place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- Full transportation to Le Morne
- A free water bottle is provided
- Transportation fees are not included in the guide fees.
- Lunch is not included in the fees. You can ask our driver for a resto based on your taste and he can suggest you one. Feel free to request any resto of your choice along the way. You will always have the final word, of course!
- This activity depends on the weather conditions.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women or people with immobility issues.
- This activity is not suitable for children under 10 years old.
- Hiking shoes
- Drinks (1 bottle of water is offered)
- Mosquito repellent
It is recommended to go with a guide.
No. We provide private tours only. The vehicle will be exclusively yours for the whole day.
Your driver will pick you up at your provided place of accommodation.
You will receive your driver’s contact details via email the day you book for the activity. In case, you are having trouble finding your driver, you can simply call him or our office.
All of our vehicles are fully licensed and insured by the local authorities. They all carry a PSV license. They are new and well maintained.
Pay directly to the driver in MUR, EUR, or USD or pay online securely using PayPal.
- You can now pay with PayPal using your credit card even if you do not have a PayPal account.
Our drivers/guides speak English, French, Creole, and Hindi. Other languages are available. However, this will result in additional costs. Contact us for more info.