Hiking at Le Pouce Mountain
Select the date you want to do the activity and send us the further details required, our team will quickly reply back with the pricing details.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeDiscovery, Family
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Le Pouce is the third highest mountain in Mauritius. It is located in the North West of Mauritius between Pieter Both and the Signal mountain. It has a peak of 812m and as Charles Darwin said, “a mountain so called from a thumb-like projection.” Once at the top, you will have a 360-degree panoramic view. The sight of the northern part of the island especially is amazing. It is a relatively easy mountain to hike.
- Difficulty- Relatively easy
- Duration- 2-3 hours
- Distance- 4.3km
- Elevation Gain- 320m
For more information, please go to FAQs & Reviews.
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel/place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- Full transportation
- A free water bottle is provided
- Lunch is not included in the fees – Your driver/guide can suggest a restaurant based on your taste, or feel free to request a stop at any restaurant of your choice along the way. Either way, you will have the final word, of course.
- This activity depends on the weather conditions.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Hiking shoes
- Water (1 bottle of water is offered)
- Mosquito Repellent
No. We provide private tours only. The vehicle will be exclusively yours for the whole day.
Your driver will pick you up at your provided place of accommodation.
You will receive your driver’s contact details via email the day you book for the activity. In case, you are having trouble finding your driver, you can simply call him or our office.
All of our vehicles are fully licensed and insured by the local authorities. They all carry a PSV license. They are new and well maintained.
Le Pouce can be hiked every day. The best time to hike the mountain is early in the morning or in the afternoon.
Pay directly to the driver in MUR, EUR, or USD or pay online securely using PayPal.
- You can now pay with PayPal using your credit card even if you do not have a PayPal account.
A guide is not needed to hike Le Pouce. If you want a guide, please let us know. We can arrange for an ERF/WFA certified guide. This will result in additional fees.