Hiking at the 7 Cascades
Select the date you want to do the activity and send us the further details required, our team will quickly reply back with the pricing details.
The Tamarind Falls also called the 7 cascades, is an adventurous and thrilling hike located in the South West of Mauritius. It is popular for its magical and unspoiled lush greenery. It is total immersion into the tropical forest of the island, where we will discover five of seven waterfalls of Tamarind one after the other.
The hike offers a great discovery of the diverse nature of Mauritius. You will encounter endemic birds and plants. During the walk, we have the possibility to enjoy a nice swim in the natural pool that water has carved in the rock, and appreciate a natural massage under the cascades. Free fish therapy is also available. Yes, you heard it right!
- Difficulty- Tough
- Duration- 3-4 hours
- Distance- 5.5 km
- Elevation Gain- 200m
The guide fees cost as follows:
- RS 1200 per person.
For more information, please go to FAQs & Reviews.
- A certified personal guide/driver to help you hike The Tamarind Falls
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel/place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- Full transportation to 7 Cascades
- A free water bottle is provided
- Transportation fees are not included in the guide fees.
- Lunch is not included in the fees. You can ask our driver for a resto based on your taste and he can suggest you one. Feel free to request any resto of your choice along the way. You will always have the final word, of course.
- This activity depends on the weather conditions.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women or people with immobility issues.
- This activity is not suitable for children under 10 years old.
- Hiking shoes
- Drinks (1 bottle of water is offered)
- Mosquito repellent
- Swimwear (optional)
Yes, a guide is extremely important. It is a risky spot. It is not recommended to go alone. However, if you already know the place, then obviously a guide is not needed.
No. We provide private tours only. The vehicle will be exclusively yours for the whole day.
Your driver will pick you up at your provided place of accommodation.
You will receive your driver’s contact details via email the day you book for the activity. In case, you are having trouble finding your driver, you can simply call him or our office.
All of our vehicles are fully licensed and insured by the local authorities. They all carry a PSV license. They are new and well maintained.
7 cascades can be hiked every day. It is best to go hiking in the morning.
Pay directly to the driver in MUR, EUR, or USD or pay online securely using PayPal.
- You can now pay with PayPal using your credit card even if you do not have a PayPal account.